aceofmoxes said: Can you recommend any education resources, please?
With regards to what, specifically? Intersectionality is a complex, branched thing. I’m literally always learning. A personal favorite is always medievalpoc. I can probably find a specific resource for anything your looking, but I won’t vouch for it since I’m not on first-term basis with most if any moderators of these blogs.
Below are a list of resources. Assume trigger warnings. I do not vouch any of them as being non-problematic or intersectional in their approach. None of these are necessarily 101 blogs; in fact, many explicitly aren’t. READ their FAQs, ‘About’s and ‘Bio’s. This not at all exhaustive or complete or balanced.
- racismschool (Hello, if you have a question and you haven’t looked here first or intersectionalfeminism, don’t bother looking anywhere else.)
- intersectionalfeminism (Nice category buttons on the right!)
- medievalpoc (Because you wouldn’t wanna be historically inaccurate.)
- theatlantic (watch for Ta-Nehisi Coates)
- yourfaveisproblematic (Support/consume your media responsibly.)
- creepywhiteguys (Showcasing white male Asian fetishism)
- fucknowhitefems (Intersectional; for WoC)
- reagan-was-a-horrible-president (Liberal, classism-focused)
- disabilityhistory (An important resource)
- seriouslyamerica (Check their followlist)
- biyuti (She’s awesome; check out her book!!)
- scienceofeds (TW: ED, specifically but not exclusively; invaluable)
- feministdisney (You can also check their followlist)
- processedlives (archive, not 101)
- kyriarchic (Archive, not very active)
- workingamerica (Liberal, exclusively classism and American politics)
- angrytransgirlsunited (For trans women, especially WoC)
- moniquill (Really excellent, discusses writing, gen ed; NOT free counselling or advice blog)
- microaggressions (Listen and learn)
- blackfeministmusic (For Black women; praxis through music)
- sexworkerproblems (explicitly NOT 101)
- assholeoftheday (American politics)
- fucknofetishization (Calling out PoC fetishization; again please note the trigger warnings.)
- goldenphoenixgirl (Trafficking survivor)
- blackhistoryalbum (Visual)
- gradientlair (NOT 101; Womanist i.e. for Black women explicitly, though not exclusively)
- shutthefuckupotherkin (Calling out ‘otherkin’, false equivalence and appropriation)
- thisiswhiteculture (Super handy for white people)
Honestly, just search a tag and look at the blogs that come up. Just searching ‘intersectionality’ in any search engine is super helpful. Do not fucking harass these blogs, people.
Avoid anything that’s ‘trans-‘/’gender-critical’ or radical feminist ‘radfem’ if you want to avoid learning how to be a hateful bigot and transmisogynist.